HAYS AREA CHILDREN’S CENTER
JOB TITLE: Executive Director
SUPERVISOR: HACC Board of Directors and
USD #489 Superintendent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: KSDE licensure as Director of Special Education, Special Education Supervisor/Coordinator, District Leadership Pre K-12, or Building Leadership (PreK-12). Minimum of two years experience in the provision of Part C services. Additional endorsement in Early Childhood is preferred.
1. Maintain a professional manner and appearance with positive attitude and interactions with children, parents, providers, social service providers and staff.
2. Oversees the personnel affairs of HACC in keeping with agency policies and procedures.
3. Keeps current of new developments and initiatives in early childhood development.
4. Conducts strategic planning events for agency programs.
5. Respects confidentiality with information regarding children, families, staff and board discussion and decision-making.
6. Maintains endorsements in KSDE licensure that allows access to KSDE categorical reimbursement.
7. Work with Community Relations Coordinator to develop and execute an organized plan for media, community, staff and parent communication for the development activities and special event projects of the center (open houses, etc.).
8. Supervises special services learner programs in accordance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, Part C.
9. Supervises child care programs in accordance with Kansas Department of Health and Environment guidelines.
10. Selects, supervises and evaluates all personnel in accordance with personnel policies and the organizational chart.
11. Supervises the development and administration of HACC policies and procedures.
12. Participates in and promotes professional growth opportunities for staff.
13. Works with Business Administrator to prepare annual budgets for Board review and approval.
14. Administers HACC programs within budgetary limits.
15. Assures an adequate system for proper accounting of funds and manages the assets of HACC.
16. Maintains HACC operations utilizing sound management practices.
17. Authorizes all agency purchases.
18. Writes dedicated and competitive grants to facilitate program and facility improvement.
19. Approves all grants submitted on behalf of the agency.
20. Represents HACC in the community and state, ensuring the professional image of the agency.
21. Maintain an active participation in area early childhood initiatives (Hays Interagency Coordinating Council, Early Childhood Grants Committee, Early Childhood Connections Collaboration Committee, etc.)
22. Is active in community and professional organizations to facilitate awareness of need for availability of quality early childhood initiatives.
23. Attends and participates in Hays Interagency Coordinating Council meetings.
24. Actively participates in state early childhood initiatives (Early Childhood Forum, Part C Coordinator meetings, etc.).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: May require extended work days.
Stationary: Frequently: 34-67%
Ambulating: Occasionally: 11-33%
Lifting and Carrying: 1-10 lbs. Frequently Books, supplies, files.
11-20 lbs. Occasionally File boxes and office supplies.
20-50 lbs. Rarely Equipment and office supplies.
Bending: Rarely: 1-10 %
Squatting: Rarely: 1-10 %
Kneeling: Rarely: 1-10 %
Climbing: Rarely: 1-10 %
Grasping: Occasionally: 11-33 %
Driving: Rarely: 1-10 %
Fine Manipulation: Frequently: 34-67%
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR The Hays Area Children’s Center, Inc. (HACC) seeks an individual to oversee all programs of the agency, including an 82-child licensed child care center, Infant/Toddler Early Intervention services, Special Health Care Needs program, and Healthy Start Home Visitor services. Applicants must be licensed as a Director of Special Education, Special Education Supervisor/Coordinator, District Leadership (Pre K-12) or Building Leadership (Pre K-12). Minimum of two years experience with Part C services. Early Childhood endorsement preferred. The selected candidate will oversee personnel, financial, licensure, and collaboration with community partners. HACC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, through employment with USD 489/ Hays which includes health insurance. For additional information or to download an application, visit www.hacc.info. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, submit application, resume, cover letter, and three references to: HACC Executive Director Search Committee, 94 Lewis Drive, Hays, KS 67601 EOE/AA